Terms & Conditions/GDPR
These terms and conditions give you important information about driving lessons from DroptheL and by taking lessons you hereby agree to the terms and conditions here.
- To book or alter dates/times please contact your instructor direct , as they will be able to advise immediately on the latest vacancies.
- The Instructor shall provide you with driving tuition at the rate per hour as agreed prior to commencement of lessons. You will be given a current pricing list so you can make in informed decision which method of payment is best for you (e.g. Pay as you go or Block bookings).
- In the event of mechanical breakdown of the vehicle in which you have been learning to drive, or for any other reasonable reason, the Instructor reserves the right to rearrange a driving lesson to a time convenient to both you and the Instructor.
- Lessons will be for a minimum of 1 hour’s duration if for any reason the instructor is running late he will make a concerted effort to inform the pupil of his estimated tie of arrival. Should the delay be greater than 15 minutes this time will be adjusted either by holding to credit or extending the next suitable lesson, this will be made at the instructors own discretion
- All fees include pupil cover whilst driving the School vehicle, (provided the pupil is licensed to drive). And is accompanied by, or under the direction of a Driving Standards Agency A.D.I (Car) or on a Driving Test with an approved DSA Examiner(s).
- If in the view of the Instructor, the pupil is unfit to carry out the lesson safely, due to self-induced circumstances (e.g. Alcohol or Drugs) a cancellation charge will apply.
- The Driving Instructor will always abide by the voluntary ‘Driving Instructors Code of Conduct’.
- The training car is a NO Smoking area.
- Damage to the vehicle: The vehicle is insured in accordance with the road traffic act to give driving instruction. However, damage caused to the tyres and wheels
are not covered by this, and as such, the pupil is advised they will be liable for any damage howsoever caused during their lesson. This also
- To take on-road lessons, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have the required licence to drive under the tuition of an Instructor. To have driving lessons in a motor vehicle, you must be at least 17 years old (unless you are disabled, in which case you must be at least 16 years old) and hold a valid provisional driving licence. You will be required to show your Driving Licence to your Instructor at the start of you first lesson.
- Block booking payments are not transferable between pupils.
- You must pay for each lesson in advance or at the start of a lesson. Payment for the current or next lesson should be made direct to your instructor. We accept payment by Cash or Online (surcharge may apply). Pre-payment lessons are accepted on the understanding no refunds will be given.
- You must give the Instructor at least 48 hours notice if you wish to cancel or change a driving lesson, otherwise you will still be liable for the lesson fee in respect of that lesson.
The Driving Test
- Always check dates with your instructor before booking a practical test. A minimun of 21 days notice is normally required.
- ADI/PDI reserves the right to withhold the training vehicle, if in the Instructors opinion; the pupil does not reach the required standard. The school cannot be held responsible for Test Appointments being postponed or cancelled by the Driving Standards Agency. Furthermore we are not responsible for any failure of light bulbs etc during the Practical test. All bulbs/lights etc will be checked at the start of the lesson, with the candidate.
- Test Fees are not included in the price of driving tuition.
- On your Driving Test you must ensure that you bring with you your Theory Test Pass Certificate and Your valid UK or Northern Ireland Driving Licence (This must be either a new style photocard licence (both the photocard and the paper counter part) or an old style paper licence with a valid passport. Personal Property
- DroptheL Driving school accepts no liability for personal property that is left in any training vehicle.
- All pupils should ensure that Mobile Phones are switched off, prior to entering the tuition vehicle, for safety reasons.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you contact us via our “Contact Form” on the website and/or when you book driving training with DroptheL Admin. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete DroptheL Customer Surveys, provide feedback and participate on our social media channels.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you to help advise you about the range of options available regarding the product/service we provide and in order to process the booking of training sessions. We also use the information to keep you informed of latest availability via a range of contact methods. The only data that is stored occurs when a customer books training via a licensed, secure, professional CRM.
DroptheL Driving School will NOT share your information for any purposes with any other organisation other than to process card transactions processed with your authority which will only involve Spripe Ltd. Sensitive card information is not recorded or stored at all by DroptheL Driving School.
DroptheL will not send any marketing emails, texts or calls to private individuals or business employees who have not given us permission to.
Storage of personal information
All data of customers is discarded within 1 year on completion of the training period with DroptheL Driving School. No sensitive data regarding customer financial payments processed is ever recorded or stored by DroptheL Driving School.
How to contact us
DroptheL Driving School
DroptheL Driving School Administration are PCI DSS Compliant